Certificates marks

Frequently Asked Questions

THE MOST FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS concerning the changes in the legislation concerning the certification of products and equipment for Russia, Belarus and Kazakhstan:


1) We have valid certificates (issued in accordance with the former GOSTR), how long are they going to be valid?

The validity of nearly all serial certificates issued before February 14th,2013 is shortened toMarch 15th,2015. There is an exception, namelythe certificates for products which are not governed by the Technical regulations of the Customs Union. 


2) Is it possible to extend the validity of existing certificates?

In view of the legislation changes, the validity of certificates issued before February 14th ,2013 cannot be extended.


3) What must be arranged to replace existing certificates?

15.3.2013 the new Technical Regulations (“Reglements”) have come into force for the Customs Union comprising RF, Belarus and Kazakhstan. Therefore, most products fall under the TR TS Technical Regulations (“Reglements”). The procedure forobtaining a new certificate is similar to the procedure for obtaining the GOST R, GOST B and GOST K. 


4) So the original norms GOST R, GOST B a GOST K are expiring and we won’t be seeing them in future?

The well-known GOSTs, with which we have been working up till now, retain their validity, however, only for a limited number of products which are specifically defined in the new regulation. 


5) Why certification?

Certificates or declarations of conformity are the necessary documents for the export of goods to the EU Customs Union and in many cases, documents required to start operation in the countries of the Customs Union of the Russian Federation , Kazakhstan and Belarus. Certificates also have a marketing value , because they are proof that your products meet the standards adopted in the Russian Federation , Kazakhstan and Belarus.


6) What is GOST R Certificate?

GOST R certificate is a document certifying that the product is made in accordance with the applicable standards of the Russian Federation . Similar GOST K and GOST B ( Kazakhstan and Belarus) 


7) What does TR TS?

The TR TS (Technical Regulations of Customs Union) virtually replaced the old system of GOST R and come into force on 15th February 2013 . Now the documents are issued under the TR TS valid throughout the Customs Union. Under the TR TS can be issued certificates or declarations.


8) How often do you need to certify?

Certificates/declarations are either one-off for a particular contract or serial for 1, 3 or 5 years. GOST R certificate's maximum validity is 3 years. For TR TS document is valid maximum for 5 years.


9) How to apply for a certificate?

Please contact our representative in each country. To create a quotation, we need a description of the equipment in Russian and customs code . For more details, please contact our representatives.


10) How much is a certificate?

The price for each certificate is always done according to the extent and nature of the product. Therefore we need to know the customs code and products description.


11) How long it takes to issue a certificate?

Timescale for issuing of particular certificate or other document is dependent on the type of document and announce it to you along with the quote . The range is from a few days to 12 months in the case of some special certificates.


12) n what language do I have to submit documents?

We require device description in Russian. In some cases, we accept English.


13) How do I know if I need a certificate?

For export surely you need some document ready. Type of document (certificate, declaration, exemption letter) depends on the product description. Sometimes your customers may require a certificate and it is their right. 


14) What type of certificate do I need?

Necessary documents for export can be a certificate or declaration TR TS or GOST R, or if the product does not fall under mandatory certification, it can be Letter of exemption. Additional documents may be requested by the customer or are a mandatory part of the certification process. (eg. Industrial safety certificate, security card etc)


15) What documents do I need to submit for certification?

Description of equipment in Russian and customs code​. For more details, contact our representatives - see www.east-certificate.eu/en/web/4-contacts.html


16) Is the audit necessary for the certification?

The audit is required in some cases. Is done either at the factory or rarely at the destination. More details within the quotation or contact our representative.


  • Certificate of conformity with the technical regulations of the customs union
    Сертификат соответствия Техническим регламентам Таможенного Союза (ТР ТС)
  • Declaration of conformity with the technical regulations of the customs union
    Декларация соответствия ТР ТС
  • Letter of refusal (Otkaznoe pismo)
    Отказное письмо
  • Metrology certificate
    Метрологический сертификат
  • Fire certificate
    Пожарные сертификаты
  • Explosion-proof certificate tr cu
    Сертификат взрывозащиты
  • Passports
    Технический паспорт
  • Expertise of the industrial safety
    Экспертиза промышленной безопасности
  • Voluntary certificate of the industrial safety "certprombezopasnost"
    Сертификат промышленной безопасности «СертПромБезопасность
  • Otts certificate (vehicle type approval)
    ОТТС сертификат для транспортных средств
  • Railway transport certificates
    сертификаты для железнодорожного транспорта
  • Voluntary certificate
    Добровольный сертификат ГОСТ Р
  • Safety case
    Обоснование безопасности


read more